Vitamin K2 MK4: The Missing NutrientOrgan Supplements
- Necessity: EVERYONE is deficient in Vitamin K2, the only way to obtain it is to consume high quality fermented animal foods, and unless you’ve been eating 2 pounds of raw cheese every week, you are certainly lacking it.
- Symptoms of Deficiency: Easy bruising, excessive bleeding, heavy menstrual periods, calcification, poor bone development, arthritis
- K2 in the form MK4: Vitamin K2 MK4 has been shown to reduce blood vessel calcification, whereas the plant form of Vitamin K did not. MK4 has also been shown to be more effective at reducing incidence of bone-related injuries.
- The Magic of Emu Oil: Emu oil is a natural, high quality fat source that increases absorption and utilization of fat soluble vitamins because of its fatty acid composition.
- Natural: There are many forms of Vitamin K2 in foods, but MK4 is the one that occurs naturally in the highest amounts in animal foods. MK7, the other common supplement, is fairly low from a natural perspective, and other types of MK’s can be found in high quality dairy products in small amounts. Daily natural consumption can be anywhere from 500mcg-1mg, but Japanese studies have shown benefits of consuming 45mg per day.
It did feel like it was something missing. I like it.
Vitamin K2 MK4: The Missing Nutrient
Got what I wanted
Clean, with emu oil, and no bs
Made my teeth whiter and smoother. Improved gut microbiome health. some improvement to facial structure