- Selenium is certainly an overlooked mineral, playing critical roles in reproductive health, thyroid function, and especially liver detox.
- Symptoms of Deficiency: Infertility, muscle weakness, fatigue, mental fog, hair loss, weakened immune system.
- Highly available: Since this is in a liquid form it will be digested almost immediately in the upper intestine, leaving no concerns of bioavailability.
- Best Form: Selenium (selenomethionine) bound to an amino acid has a balance of bioavailability, minimal processing, and digestibility, making it the best choice for supplementing.
- Daily Dosing: The amount of selenium in 1 serving is equivalent to one day of eating high selenium foods, so the dose may need to be higher to fix a severe deficiency. Please note that other selenium supplements are dosed far too high, and this one can be taken safely on a more frequent basis.